1. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you submit to the Site, including during the registration and updates to your profile. We may also ask you for information if you report a problem with the Site, Services or Materials.
- Information about your use of the Services, such as which pages you view.
- Information collected through use of the DRM Tools.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your access to the Site, Services including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
2. USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To send you relevant opportunities.
- For monitoring purposes to improve the relevance and quality of the Site and Services.
- To ensure that the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- Otherwise as may be permitted by law.
3. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to third parties as follows:
We may use aggregated information about our users (for example, the performance of a particular user group) in press releases relating to Access Professions or for similar purposes. Where we do this, we will do so in a way that neither you nor any other users are identifiable.
4. WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will take reasonable technical and operational security measures to protect the information that we hold about you. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your transmitted data; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access the Materials, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
5. IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to gather aggregate information. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to the Materials.
6. YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. We reserve the right to request documentary proof of your identity before providing you with any information. We also reserve the right to charge a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
INFORMATION ABOUT US
accessprofessions.com Limited ("we", "us") is a charitable company registered in England and Wales under company number 06888906 and have our registered office at 11 The Energy Centre, 1 Bowling Green Walk, London N1 6AL. Our registered charity number is 1138629.
You must be at least 13 years old in order to register with the Site and to use the Services or the Materials. By registering with the Site or paying the Charges you confirm that you are at least 13 years old.
As part of the registration and payment process you will need to submit a username and password (together your "Registration Details"), both of which you will be required to submit each time you log on. You must treat the Registration Details as confidential, and you must not disclose them to any third party. We will be entitled to assume that any person logging onto any part of the Site or accessing the Services or Materials using your Registration Details is either you or someone doing so with your permission, and you will be liable for any actions of any person logging on using your Registration Details. You should therefore notify us immediately if you suspect that anyone else knows your Registration Details and has logged on as you. We reserve the right to require you to change your Registration Details at any time for any reason.
You represent and warrant that all information you provide to us during the registration and payment process and at all other times will be true, accurate and comprehensive and you agree to maintain the accuracy of such information at all times
ACCESSING AND USING THE SITE, THE SERVICES AND THE MATERIALS
You may use the Services and view, download and print any Materials and information made available to you through the Site subject to the following conditions:
- you may not use the Materials to provide any services of any kind to any other person
- the Materials shall not be reproduced or included in any other work or publication in any medium;
- the Materials may not be distributed or sold to any third party for any purpose;
- you may not remove any copyright or other proprietary notices contained in the Materials.
You agree that when using the Site (including any bulletin board, chat room, forum or other similar pages that may be included in the Site from time to time) you will not:
- harass others or disclose personal information about others that could amount to harassment;
- publish, post, upload, store, distribute or disseminate any unlawful, defamatory, infringing, obscene, harmful, confidential, libellous, hateful, threatening or otherwise illegal material or information or anything which might constitute a criminal or civil offence;
- upload files that contain software or other material which are the intellectual property rights of any third party or which are protected by rights of privacy or publicity of any third party without having received all necessary consents;
- upload files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other software or programs that may interfere with or damage the operation of the Site or any other computer;
- create multiple logins;
- impersonate others;
- promote or undertake any activity that is illegal or fraudulent; or
- use software to harvest the Materials or any other information from the Site.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary and purchasing any equipment or software required to enable you to access the Site, Services or Materials.
DIGITAL RIGHTS MANAGEMENT
We may, in our sole discretion, use software, digital rights management tools, electronic watermarks, cookies, web beacons, tracking tools or services or any other similar tools or services that may be available from time to time (including where such tools are provided and operated by third parties) (collectively "DRM Tools") together with any other information or data provided by you so as to enable us to monitor and keep records of the copying, downloading and use of the Materials for the sole purpose of enabling us to protect and enforce our Intellectual Property Rights in and to the Materials.
You acknowledge and agree that your right to access and use the Materials is conditional upon us being entitled to use the DRM Tools as described above and that the use of such DRM Tools is necessary to protect our legitimate interests. You must not, disable, circumvent or attempt to disable or circumvent any DRM Tool used by us.
You shall be entitled to terminate your membership at any time by written notice to us. Termination of your membership, howsoever caused, shall not affect the accrued rights and liabilities of either you or us as at the time of such termination.
You will not be entitled to a refund of the Charges or any part of them if this Agreement is terminated pursuant to any of the foregoing paragraphs of this clause 6 prior to the expiry of your Subscription.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
On downloading the Materials from the Site, you own the medium on which the Materials are recorded, but we do not transfer title to such Materials to you and we retain full and complete title to the Materials and all Intellectual Property Rights therein. You may not redistribute, sell, de-compile, reverse engineer, disassemble, or otherwise reduce any software contained in the Materials to human-readable form.
You acknowledge that all Intellectual Property Rights in and to the names "Access Professions" and any associated logos (the "Marks") are and shall remain owned by us and that all goodwill accruing in the Marks shall accrue to and be owned by us.
While we endeavour to ensure that the information contained in the Site, Services and Materials is correct, we do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, currency or reliability of any of them. We may make changes to the Site, the Services or the Materials at any time without notice.
We do not warrant that Site, the Services or the Materials, or your access to them, will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Site, Services or Materials or the server that makes them available are free of viruses or other harmful components. We will not be held responsible for loss of or corruption of any Materials in transit, or loss of or corruption of material or data when downloaded onto any computer system.
Without prejudice to the foregoing, to the extent permitted by law, we hereby expressly exclude any and all liability for any (i) indirect, consequential or special loss or damage incurred by you or (ii) any loss of revenue, loss of profit, loss of anticipated savings, loss of use of computer equipment, loss or destruction of data or loss of opportunity or contract (in each case whether direct or indirect) in each case in connection with the Site, the Services and the Materials or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of the Site, the Services or the Materials however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
VIRUSES, HACKING AND OTHER OFFENCES
Due to the inherent risks of using the internet we can not be liable for, and hereby exclude to the fullest extent permissible by applicable law, all liability for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Site, Services or Materials or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
During your use of the Site, Materials or Services you must not knowingly or recklessly introduce any viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Site, Materials or Services, the server on which they are stored or from which they are provided or any server, computer or database connected to them. You must not attack the Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Materials will cease immediately.
JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW